By satisfying our ancestors and forefathers who are no more in this world, we can have blessings for happy and peaceful life in this world. Thila homam is the vedic ritual performed to bring the peace in souls of our ancestors.”Til” refers to the “Sesame seeds”.Thila homam means homam done by using sesame seeds.The person who is suffering from Pitru dosha or Pitra dosha must performthila homam to relief from the adverse effects.
What is Pitru dosha?
In one’s horoscope if the sun is placed in the 9th or 9th house is afflicted by natural malefic planets is Pitru dosha.Pitru dosha is the karmic debt of our ancestors and reflected in our horoscope in the form of unfavorable planetary combinations. It may also happen if elders are disrespected,unnatural death of elders,neglect the ancestors with their proper due in spiritual upliftments.
Effects of pitru dosha
- Difficulty in settling in job/sudden lossess
- Late marriage or Cant able to find the suitable partner
- Delay in child birth/Infertility
- Divorce/legal disputes
- No harmony and peace in family
- Health issues or physical ailments
/puja is the remedy for pitru dosha. Auspicious days to perform Thila homam is on new moon days, Saturdays, on tamil month of purataasi, on theipirai Ashtami days.Thila (Alias Gingelly or sesame seeds) is offered in this homam. Lord Surya Bhagavan (sun) is worshiped in kalasha and mandala. Gayathri manthra and pitru dosha are the parihara mantras chanted.This homam can be performed anywhere home, temple or at any holy places like Ramesawaram.
Benefits of Thila homam
- Dead souls which are haunting and roaming in space get satisfied with this homam & move to heaven.
- Eliminates negative forces, paranormal issues & evil occurrences in life.
- Relieves from karmic debts of our ancestors, family gets united, relief from poverty.
- Bestows the blessings from the forefathers for children and grandchildren
- Removes obsactalces in marriage, job and child birth and creates happiness & peace in family.